District Rehabilitation Centre
|Head of office designation||District Rehabilitation Officer|
The main aim of the department is the rehabilitation of the disabled. The details of disabled welfare schemes of the Government Implemented by District Rehabilitation officer,
Tiruvallur as follows...
Public Services provided by the
- Free supply of Tricycles wheel chairs to Physically Handicapped polio victims.
- Distribution of Calipers of Crutches
- Distribution of Hearing Aid and Solar batteries to Deaf & Dumb.
- Free supply of sticks & Goggles to Blind persons.
- Braille wattles to Blind persons.
- The state Government Scholarship to Physically Handicapped Students (From 1st to Diploma. Degree (UG&PG) Medical and Engineering Courses)
- Loan Assistance is arranged through Nationalized Banks for sterling Self employment Ventures by the disabled.
- Free Bus Pass and Physically Handicapped Allowance.
- Operation Polio Program, Physiotherapy Cleft Lip & Palate Cases operation programs.
- Marriage Assistance scheme for the Normal marrying Blind, Normal marrying Ortho, Normal marriage Deaf.
- Artificial limb figment from Cm’s Relief fund.
- Financial Assistance to severely disabled persons, Spiral Cord Injury, Law Graduate students, Unemployment Relief for the Blind.
- Free distribution of IDENTITY CARDS to the Physically