- To provide fuel for cooking purposes and organic manure to rural households through family type biogas plants
- To mitigate drudgery of rural women, reduce pressure on forests and accentuate social benefits
- To improve sanitation in villages by linking sanitary toilets with biogas plants
MODELS AND APPLIANCES
Approved models of biogas plant.
Appropriate model of biogas plant should be selected on the basis of technical requirement such as location, distance between kitchen and cattle shed, availability of dung and water, preference of the beneficiaries etc. Approved models for family size biogas plants are available for 1 to 6 cubic metre and 1 to 10 cubic metre capacities for fixed dome and floating drum type plants respectively. The commonly used capacities of these models are 1-4 cubic metres
Fixed dome biogas Plant
- Deenbandhu model with Brick masonry
- Deenbandhu ferrocement model with institute technique
- Pre-fabricated RCC fixed dome model
Floating Drum Type
- KVIC floating metal drum type
- KVIC type plant with Ferro Cement digester and Fiber Glass Reinforced
Plastic (FRP) Gas holder
- Pragati Model
PATTERN OF CENTRAL FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE (CFA)
The rates of Central subsidy for different categories of beneficiaries / areas for the year 2014-15 is given below:-
Amount of Central Subsidy per plant
- Rs.5, 500 for 1. Cu. M. fixed dome type.
- Rs.9.000 for 2-6 Cu. M.